Thursday 29 December 2011

Another Reason to Go to Italy



What a great idea.  Transforming an old railway into a pedestrian path.  It has always annoyed me slightly when I see railways on the most beautiful landscapes- right at the waters edge, functional yes but....
Now the railway is not longer used but the entire community has access to the path along the waters edge.  I am sure it is great for tourism and promotes fitness.  Maybe I would take up running again if I could run here......
This runs between the towns of Albisola Superiore and Celle Ligure on the coast of Italy
Albisola Superiore, 3S Studio, Voarino, abandoned railway, railway renovation, promenade, italy, green park

Read more: Retired Italian Railroad Transformed Into a Low Impact Recreational Promenade
http://inhabitat.com/retired-italian-railroad-transformed-into-a-low-impact-recreational-promenade/

No comments:

Post a Comment