Saturday 22 October 2011

The Importance of Staging

Modern Cottage in Martha’s Vineyard-8

I am a type A personality.  I like to do things quickly.  I browse magazines, vs reading them.  So I need things that are going to stop me in my tracks and make me take a second look.  Thats what staging is.  You can have a great house, a great location, beautiful furnishings but if you want to get people to fall in love with your home you need something extra.  That is what staging is.  You want people to take a second look.  You want them to feel like this could be their own.  Create the want. 
The photo above is a great example.  If the table had not been set, wine bottle out, candles lit, would it draw a second or third glance from you?  Probably not.
This isn't just about homes either, I see retailers who just show their products instead of showcasing their products.  Create an inviting space that draws the consumer in and keeps them there.  Even McDonalds is doing this with the redesign of their stores.  http://www.ourhomesmagazine.com/admin/includes/doc_view.php?ID=2473

No comments:

Post a Comment