Saturday 15 October 2011

Show Stoppers in Rooms



One of the things I love to do a few weeks after a photo shoot of a feature home is take a step back and think of the first thing that comes to mind from the feature home.  What had tremendous visual impact?
We just finished up two phenomenal houses.  One of the homes had the most beautiful dining room ceilings and they were painted in contrasting colors that gave it the wow factor. There is no question this stood out for me.  One of the other things that is clear in my mind is a beautiful very tall vase on the mantle in the dining room.  It was really oversized, the floral arrangement was simple and I can't even remember what the flowers were. So it must have been the contrast in size and shape that made this so impactful to me.  It really hit home for me how it is the accessories that can make a big difference on the impact a room has on guests.  Imagine the arrangement above for a touch of christmas elegance in a room, you don't need much else....

No comments:

Post a Comment