Thursday 13 October 2011

Spruce Up Your Space

One of the really fun aspects of my job is the exposure I have to great products.  On the downside, my want list seems to grow!   Our Style Pics for Sept highlighted a number of items that I would love to have in my home.  Soapstone. We oiled a number of pieces to decide which ones to feature.  When you oil soapstone the veins and the beauty of the stone immediately becomes apparent. It literally takes seconds to do. It is a great alternative to black granite. It is non-porous, so it will stand all of the beatings your family can throw at it.  I also feel in love with the roman shades from Hunter Douglas.  The bedroom of one of our feature homes had them installed and they opened up at different heights and added amazing visual interest and light into the room.  I grew up with roller blinds and we would pull them so hard they would roll right up into themselves. I think I prefer these. 
A limestone/concrete cocktail table, puts my wood ones to shame.  The pot light jewelery was also unique.  When I saw it in the store I had no idea it wasn't a light fixture. 
My sister is buying a fiberglass door to replace her drafty, old door in her century home. Her beastly mastiff actually chewed and scratched the door, when anyone would dare to come by.
Finally, it is time to think about what to buy your parents who have everything for christmas.  What about a family portrait on canvas instead of in a frame?  It has been two years since I have pulled the kids together for a family portrait, crash diet here I come..... 
Heres a link to our style pics. http://www.ourhomesmagazine.com/admin/includes/doc_view.php?ID=2467

No comments:

Post a Comment