Sunday 16 October 2011

Photography Or Art?

Modern Cottage in Martha’s Vineyard-3

I have learned so much in the past 8 months and I have been lucky to work with some amazing people who have helped me on my journey.   I never even have to think twice about what a finished product will be like, thanks to my amazing editor Gina Makkar. 

I learned very quickly about the difference between what a good photographer brings to the table vs a mediocre one.  They turn photography into art.  They find the angles that make a home even more interesting to the viewer than if they had looked at it with their own eye.  They ensure that the reader wants to look at the photo again and again vs just glance at it.  I had the opportunity to view some pictures taken of one of our feature homes and compare them with what we had taken.  There was no question our photographer did an exceptional job.  Thanks to Jason Hartog Photography for making the magazine a beautiful thing to look at.  Enjoy our first issue:   http://www.ourhomesmagazine.com/admin/includes/doc_view.php?ID=2475

No comments:

Post a Comment